Pages

Wednesday 6 July 2011

Avon vs Nivea vs Garnier Anti-cellulite: Review

Here's a review that some of you girls might find helpful, now that summer's here, you've bought THE bikini and what's left is a decent skin to show off.

Some thoughts before getting started: 
Although nowadays media is just a poisonous tool that encourages Photoshop retouching, most of the women crave for a flawless skin. Cellulite is for life, ladies. You can't get rid of it like you can't get rid of herpes or dandruff. The one thing you can consider doing is keeping it under "treatment" and not only around summer time. The same way you brush your teeth everyday, you apply a moisturizing cream on your face and body, you take a shower and all the daily things you do...this is a must! This is taking care of yourself. Otherwise, just stop caring and complaining. I'm not the one to advise on healthy diets, fitness, how to live your life etc and I only wanted to say that, in addition of the above-mentione, I also used some help.


First, I went on with the cheapest. :( And that's Avon Sollutions Cellu-Sculpt 3X Tri-Roller Anti-Cellulite Treatment


Take a look at their story:
Formulated with Lipo-Smooth Technology to help target problem areas and reduce the look of cellulite. The rich gel-cream works together with Avon's firsts tri-rollerball massaging head to help boost skin's microcirculation.
Dispense some gel-cream onto the 360 degree, tri-rollerball, massage head, then thoroughly massage the thighs, hips, abdomen and buttocks twice a day using small circular movements until the cream is fully absorbed.
My thoughts:  So many words for such a product. I have nothing against Avon, I do have a few things that I've bought from their catalogues that I'm very fond of, but this is really not worthing the money. It's about 7 quids on Ebay and all it does is a bit of massage. The gel-cream is hard to get absorbed and before being done with applying it, I started to feel pain and stiffness in my hand muscles. This was clearly a sign that we wouldn't go along together. But I insisted for two more weeks, twice a day on my problematic areas: thighs and buttocks. I also have this idea that autosuggestion sometimes helps and I convinced myself that it would finally work that made me woke up everyday thinking I'll see some results. It did not happen. I got no results apart from hand firmness and a few pimples/pustules.

I then got Nivea good-bye Cellulite Gel-Cream  and started to visualize the outcome: summer time, bikini, sun spray...NO CELLULITE.



Their story seemed trustworthy:
With regular application on the thighs, buttocks and stomach, NIVEA Good-bye Cellulite Gel-Cream visibly reduces the appearance of cellulite – even without massage, and makes your skin look and feel more beautiful. Apply cream once or twice daily on thighs, buttocks, and stomach.
Tried the whole tube and this is my opinion: as crazy as it might sound, I enjoyed massaging it with my hand(s) instead of the roller thingy and it not gave me hand pains; in addition, it was easily absorbed. While this may sound as an advantage of the gel-cream, the truth is that, although I've pretty much been obsessed with it, I got no outstanding results, namely my skin still had that visible orange peel-like texture but not as prominent as it was at first. It also got a little firmer. Maybe I should have sticked with it in order to get better results but I didn't. I waited until it got worse and it wasn't necessary anymore to squeeze the skin to make it visible. It just was there, in the "spotlights" while I was trying on some skirt in a dressing room. I then got alarmed, of course and almost went for the first product in the nearest hypermarket.

And that was Garnier Bodytonic Roll On Anti-Cellulite. A roll thing, again. Hand stiffness, again. But first, read what it can officially do:
GARNIER BODYTONIC ROLL-ON is a caffeine enriched tonic that targets thighs, hips and bottom and leaves skin feeling great. Results are visible in just 8 days.


After testing it, here's what I think:  Well, I went on with all the drama specific to my relationship to roll-ons and applied it twice a day on my - now noticeable and - problematic areas, mainly the thighs and the bottom. What bothered me the most was the sticky feeling left after the substance had been fully absorbed and I was in constant psychological need of a shower. (: Because I sensed no change at skin level, I then asked my boyfriend to give his opinion and we shockingly agreed to disagree. Whilst he pointed out a firmer skin, I was not satisfied with the passive action on what still was a cottage cheese skin.

I still have the Garnier tube at home, although empty now. What's next? I have no clue, maybe I should go back to Nivea's gel. What's your opinion? Which have you tried and worked best for you?

Gonna head out to my online horoscope read by a beautiful man. Hope it'll make my day.
http://glo.msn.com/hotguys

XOXO
 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com